Most people think of math as a subject that is best learned by sitting down with a pencil and paper.
However, there are many benefits to be gained by solving math problems in your head.
1) It helps you become more comfortable with numbers, which can make solving math problems easier overall.
2) It can help to improve your memory and concentration. Studies have shown that people who regularly engage in mental math exercises have better working memory than those who do not.
3) Mental math can also be helpful in real-world situations. Being able to do quick calculations in your head can come in handy when shopping, cooking or dealing with other everyday tasks.
4) Mental math can help you calculate faster in your head without having to use a calculator or pen and paper. This can be especially helpful in situations where time is limited, such as when taking tests or timed exams.
5) Mental math is also a great way to keep your mind sharp and active, especially as you age. It has been shown to reduce the risk of dementia and cognitive decline.
6) Furthermore, research has shown that students who regularly practice mental math get higher grades in mathematics than those who do not.
7) Mental math can also be used as a form of stress relief. Focusing on solving math problems can help clear your mind and take a break from other thoughts or worries that may be causing you stress.
8) Lastly, practicing mental math is simply fun! It’s a great way to challenge yourself and see how far you can push your brain power.
So why not give it a try? You might be surprised at what you’re capable of!